Effective Date: December 15, 2020
When you use our websites, products, applications and/or services, we need/may need to collect and use your personal information, which includes the following two types:
1. Necessary information that you need to authorize us to collect and use in order to provide you with the basic functions of our websites, products, applications and/or services. If you refuse to provide such information,you will be unable to use our websites, products, applications and/or services normally.
2. Information that you may authorize us to collect and use in order to provide you with additional functions of our websites, products, applications and/or services. If you refuse to provide such information, you will be unable to use the relevant additional functions or to achieve the expected functional effect, but it does not affect your normal use of the basic functions of our websites, products, applications and/or services.
You understand and agree that includes:
· Information You Provide To Us: such as your name, nickname, Union ID, open ID, gender, birth day, cell phone number, email address, Viomi account, Mi account, delivery address, password safety related information, the third party applications, devices or data from the website, product and application store that you choose to connect, account and related setting information, and devices information that you choose to connect or your feedback, etc.
· Device information or SIM card related information: including IMEI number, IMSI number, device manufacturer, model, label, operat ing system version, application version, language setting, WI-FI information,screen size and resolution, operator information. We may also collect the device information which you choose to bond with Viomi account, such as MAC address, device DID, internet status (IP/in ternet signal) and hardware version.
· Your location information (only applies to specific service/function): such as territory and country code, city ode, mobile network code, device country code, territory, time zone and language setting,in order to calculate the nearby inventory status, distance to service centers, make current location address available to choose when you set up or amend the address. You can turn off such location per mission in each application any time by going to your smart phone > setting > permission.
· Log information: information related to your use of certain functions, applications and websites, such as cookie and other anonymous identifier technology, IP address, internet requires, temporary message history, standard system log, system failure information, etc.
· Purchase order information though our application: including receiver name, address and cell phone number, purchase order number, ordered product/service, payment amount and payment method.
· Personalized recommendation: in order to provide you with product, advertising and service information which better meet your indi vidual needs, and display product or service that you may look for during your search, we may collect your review history, order informa tion, shopping cart, collection, etc. Please see “YOUR RIGHTS” below.
We may also collect other information that is not enough to identify a specific natural person (i.e. non-personal information), such as the aggregate data and anonymous data of device information, daily active events, visits and stay period, internet type, device information, product display source, Xiaomi smart phone model and system version, so as to improve our service to you. The information type and quantity we collected is up to how you use our applications and/or service. Under this Policy, the aggregate data will be deemed as non-personal information. However, if we combine such non-personal information with personal information, then it will be deemed as personal information in that use scenario.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSIONAL INFORMATION？
We may use your personal information in order to:
· Provide, process, maintain, improve, develop our products and/or services to you,and the service provided through device or our applications.
· Identify and verify user ID to the extent necessary for your safety protection and legal rights protection purpose.
· Communicate with you on your device, service or any normal search (such as update, upgrade hardware/software, customer service support, notifications, etc.
· Conduct relevant promotional activities,such as provide marketing and promotional materials and updates. Please see “YOUR RIGHTS” below.
· Handle your questions or request about device and service, such as executing your request to modify your personal information.
· Save and maintain information related to you, so as to operate our business or fulfill our obligations under applicable laws and regulations.
· Achieve other purposes that you agree.
Details of how we use your information (may include your personal information) are as follows:
· To set up your Viomi account. We will collect your personal information to set up your Viomi account and data base when you firstly register through websites or our applications.
· To provide services based on location. When you use our application and choose to connect our product, we may use location information to identify time zone so as to display correct time, log in location,and turn on relevant devices according to your setting in advance, etc. You can turn off such location permission in each application any time by going to your smart phone > setting > permission.
· Device connection. We will need to verify MAC, device DID to identify the legal ID of the device before connect the device though our application. And when the device use requires network connection,we will need you to provide the WI-FI name and password to finish the connection setting, such information will only be used for network matching and the WI-FI name and password will be encrypted and saved in the device only without going to the server. At the same time, we will choose the best connection method for the device connection stability based on IP and network signal.
· To display Device status. This will allow you check the device operation status remotely from time to time.
· To handle your purchase order. The information related to your order purchased though our application will be used to process your order and provide after-sales services, including customer inquires and logistic service.
· To set up automatic operation setting.
· The location reported by your device (availability to be subject to your device function and setting) will be used to set up your personal automatic operation setting.
· To provide device notification service. Your account and IMEI number will be used to provide device notifications to you. You may turn off this function by going to “notification”.
· Identify user ID. We use account information to identify and verify user ID to protect your legal rights and our service.
· To collect User feedback. Your feedback is precious to us to improve our service. We may use the personal information provided by you to contact you so as to follow up and keep it as record.
· To access certain function of your device. Such as WI-FI status. These information will be used to allow application to operate on your device and communicate with you. You can turn off such permission any time though your smart device.
COOKIE AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
In order to ensure the normal operation of our website, deliver a better user experience, and recommend content that may be of interest to you, we will store cookies, or other local storage provided by the browser (or associated application) which usually contain identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters (collectively, "cookie") on your computer or mobile device. With cookie, we can store data such as your preferences or cart items.
You are free to modify your cookie acceptance or decline our cookie if your browser or browser add-on allows. For more information, please refer to AboutCookies.org. If you do this, your secure access to our website will be affected in some cases and you will need to change the user settings every time you visit our website.
We treat information collected by cookie and other technologies as nonpersonal information, except where Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local laws.
· Log files: As true of most websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we gather about you.
· Advertising: we cooperate with third party service provider and business partner (please see “ WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?” below) to display advertisement on our products.
· Data analysis: In some applications used on smart phone, we use data analysis software to better understand our application performance in your smart phone. Such software may record the information like how frequent you use the application, what function you use in that application, accumulative use, performance data and application failure location. We will not link these data with any personal information provided by you in that application.
· Local storage – HTML5: We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our sites also use HTML5 cookie to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tool for removing HTML5 LSOs.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
We will not share your personal information with our business partner for direct marketing. We strictly follow the data protection laws of your location (some laws may request separate and express permission), so only under your explicit prior consent by your express operation to make sure we obtain your consent or you do not object, we may use your name, phone number, email address, Viomi account, IMEI number to provide you with promotional material of products and services provided by us or our partner (service provider of internet, application, Viomi product and service). If you do not wish to receive certain types of email any more, you can click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email.
You expressly agree that we can, where necessary and reasonable, share your personal information with our affiliates (involved in communication, social media, technology or cloud service) and the following third party service providers for the purposes outlined in this Policy:
1.Location service provider: we may share your device identifier and other information to such service provider to provide accurate location to you.
2.Payment service provider: the payment service is provided by Alipay, Wechat, we may share your order information to such service provider to process payment.
3.Third party seller: for the products and/or service provided by third party, we may share your order information to the seller to process order and provide after-sales service.
4.Logistic service provider: we may share your order information to such service provider to offer logistic service for the products or service purchased by you.
5.After-sales and customer service provider: we may share your order information to such service provider to provide after-sales service, customer service.
6.Transection safety and risk control service provider: we may share your IP address to such service provider to enhance the safety of our system when you use our application or service.
7.If we share your personal information with these third parties, we will conduct reasonable review to their data safety environment and sign relevant agreements with them, under which we will request such third party to take enough measures to protect your information and strictly comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
We may disclose your personal information without your consent according to applicable laws and regulations:
· We may share anonymous aggregate information with third party (such as advertiser) for business purpose, and we may share our service use trend data, such as certain customer quantity among the purchaser of certain product.
· For the avoidance of doubt, we may, to the extent local data protection law expressly allow (such as respond to subpoena), collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent. And we may, where we truly believe to protect our rights, yours or others’ safety, investigate fraud, respond to competent government request or where other applicable law permits, disclose your personal information solely within the scope law permits without your consent.
· You can protect your personal information by not disclosing your sign-in password or account information to anybody (unless such person is duly authorized by you). Whenever you sign in as a Viomi account user, particularly on somebody else's computer or on public Internet terminals, you should always sign out at the end of your session.
· We cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party accessing your personal information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you must notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
· Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information. We will take reasonable actions to protect your personal information. However, you should know that the internet is not always safe, therefore we cannot guarantee the safety or integrality of your personal information during internet transfer.
Your information will be saved within People’s Republic of China.
We will take reasonable and feasible measures and try to avoid collecting unrelated personal information. We will retain your personal information only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is compulsorily required by law, for example, according to the E-commerce Law of the People’s Republic of China, all product, service and transaction information shall be maintained at least 3 years following the transaction completion date. We take the longer period of the following standards into our consideration for personal information retention period:
1.Completing the transaction purpose associated with you, maintaining the relevant transaction and business records, and responding to your possible queries or complaints;
2.Guaranteeing the security and quality of our services for you;
3.Whether you agree to a longer retention period;
4.Whether there is any other special agreement on the retention period.
After the expiration of the retention period of your personal information, we will delete or anonymize your personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
We recognize that privacy concerns differ from person to person. Therefore, we provide examples of ways we make available to you to restrict the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your personal information and control your privacy settings:
· Amend your personal information, such as nickname, delivery address, gender, etc. by clicking our application (Viomi mall) “Me” >“User account”.
· Sign in or sign out your Viomi account;
· Cancel your automatic operation settings.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the aforementioned purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.Visit, modify or supplement your personal information
Depending on applicable laws and regulations, you have the right to access, rectification, and erasure of any other personal information that we hold about you (hereinafter refer to as “request”). When we receive such request, we will ask you to provide sufficient information to enable us to verify your identity and ensure that you are the data subject or legally authorized person of the requested information. Once we obtain sufficient information to confirm that your request can be processed, we shall proceed to respond to your request within any timeframe set out under your applicable data protection laws:
· Based on the requirements of applicable laws, a copy of your personal data collected and processed by us will be provided to you upon your request free of charge.
· If any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, you are entitled to have your personal information corrected or completed based on the purpose of use by contacting us at email@example.com.
· Based on the requirements of applicable laws, you have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal information. We shall consider the grounds regarding your erasure request and take reasonable steps, including technical measures. If the right is upheld, we may not be able to immediately remove the information from the backup system due to applicable legal and security technologies. If this is the case, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until the backup can be cleared or be made anonymous.
· We do not charge against your reasonable request in principle. However, we may charge a reasonable fee against multiple repeat or unreasonable request. We have the right to refuse to process requests that are not meaningful/entangled, requests that damage others' right of privacy, extremely unrealistic requests.
3.Withdrawal of consent
· You may, by sending us email at firstname.lastname@example.org, withdraw your consent previously provided to us for a particular purpose by submitting a request, including collecting,using, and/or disclosing your personal information in our possession or control. We will process your request within a reasonable time from when the request was made, and thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal information as per your request.
· Depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent, please note that you may not be able to continue receiving the full benefit of our application and services.
4.We may not respond to your request under any of the following scenarios according to applicable laws and regulations:
· Our obligations under applicable laws and regulations are involved;
· National security and national defense security are involved;
· Public security, public health, or major public interests are involved;
· Criminal investigation, prosecution, judgment, enforcement, or other judicial or administrative enforcements are involved;
· There is sufficient evidence proving that you are in bad faith or abuse your rights;
· For the purpose of protecting life, property, and other major legitimate rights and interests of you or any other individuals, where it is difficult to obtain your prior consent;
· Responding to your request will cause severe damage to legal rights of you or other individual, entities;
· Trade secret is involved.
TRANSFER OUTSIDE YOUR JURISDIC LOCATION
If we need to transfer personal information outside of your jurisdiction, whether to our affiliates or third-party service providers (involved in communication,social media, technology or cloud service), we will comply with related applicable laws. We ensure that all such transfers meet the requirements of applicable local data protection laws by implementing uniform safeguards.
PROTECTION OF MINORS
· We presume that you have corresponding civil capability in e-commerce activities. If you are minor, we request you to have your parent or other guardian carefully read this Policy, and you shall use our service or provide us information only after you obtain your parent or other guardian’s consent.
· We do not seek or try to seek any personal information from minor. If you are a parent or guardian, please see whether the child you guardian has obtained your authorization to use our website, application,product and service. If you have any question against the personal information of the child you guardian, please contact us.
THIRD PARTY WEBSIE, LINK AND SERVICE
Foshan Viomi Electrical Technology Co., Ltd.
Address: No.2, Xinxi Si Road, Lunjiao, Shunde, Foshan, P.R.C.
Zip code: 528000